Tuesday, May 5, 2015

The end

What a semester this has been. I feel accomplished having been able to learn about and create artwork in a medium I knew absolutely nothing about. It was extremely intimidating beginning the class, I always felt behind, even when I was caught up. There was just soooo much to learn and soooo many processes to do anything. So much setting up, measuring, planning, and making things perfect. That pretty much describes the exact opposite of how I normally work. I was completely out of my comfort zone in pretty much every way. But despite all that I was still able to learn and create, so I feel like I tackled a huge challenge and survived. This is why I like taking level 1 classes despite being a senior; learning new mediums and techniques helps me become more well rounded as an artist. I would have never ever EVER been able to do anything with metal before this class, and now I can make rings for my friends! Even if I don't continue this medium later on, it is exciting to learn new things, after all the art world has worlds of different types and styles, why restrict yourself to one? And perhaps now if I ever want to be able to work metal into my art, I will know how.

But I'm happy not to be soldering anymore. :P



No comments:

Post a Comment